Thursday, January 3, 2008

Shadow Casters in Illinois and Benny in Trouble

There seems like there might be Shadow-Casters nesting in a 160-year old house in Central/Western Illinois, this according to a report from two brothers residing in said house. They have noticed clear indications, such as creaking floor sounds, the archetypical sound of the sneaking Shadow Caster and actually asked if there was a possibility of me doing an investigation.
Unfortunately I had do decline since after the holidays Benny has become a priority and I am fully engaged in the Couch-Cruncher problem again.

It seems like Benny, who was quite resentful of my ignoring him for so long, had moved out to his kitchen, leaving his combined living room-bedroom and his beloved couch to the Cruncher. He was scared and upset, especially after his remote got eaten.

But before the holidays he decided to try to "take back" his apartment. He bought a new universal remote and started to enjoy his couch again and all went really well for some time.
My guess is that he got sloppy with food and snacks around Christmas... and then he lost the new remote. Without thinking he stuck his hand deep into the couch to see if it had slipped between the cushions...He got bit pretty bad.
I assume that a cruncher took his rather plump finger for a hot dog, their favorite food.

I will keep you posted on any developments. I will be staying with Benny for few days.

2 comments:

Yoyomba said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yoyomba said...

Hello Johan!
It's Anni writing.
I really enjoy your writing, it's funny and it feels like this could be real ^^
I think your sketches are SO well made. It's very interesting how you put these creatures together and no monster looks like another monster. Keep up your good work and good luck with everything! Say hello to Viv and Olivia from me!
/Anni from Sweden (you know who I am ^^)